With the Slack action anybody in your organisation can send data directly to any preselected Slack Channel. This is useful to quickly share with teammates any updates on current deadlines on vital informations based on data.
This action will send a Slack message with your Dashboard/Question screenshot or raw data as a file.
Slack integration supports the following formats:
- In the popup that appears, click on "From an app manifest"
- Select your Workspace
- In the code editor that appears, copy paste the following snippet
name: Whaly Push App
description: This app will allow Whaly to push data into your Slack workspace.
display_name: Whaly Push
- Click on "Create" in the next popup
- On the page on which you are redirected, click on "Install to Workspace"
- Click on the left menu into the "Features > Oauth & Permissions" menu item, and from this page, copy the "Bot User OAuth Token" string. This is the token that you'll need to configure on Whaly side 🎉
Now, you have to invite "Whaly Push" user into the Slack channels you which it has access to by posting its name into the proper channels.
In the popup that appear, accept to invite the user into the Channel 🤗